I had such a crazy dream last night!!!!
Paraphrasing from an IM conversation with Anna...
It's a little foggy at first. It starts out in Westwood, where I had just moved from an old apartment to a place down the street. I'm checking my old mailbox, then I go to my car. There's a ticket on the car, but it has all this very strange info on it. I can't remember the info, but I think it was basically what the weather was like at the time the ticket was given, etc. The strangest thing was that it didn't say the offense or how much the ticket was for.
So I call the number and I end up at some police station, talking to an officer. He says the ticket is not from the US.
Next thing I know I'm in London and I'm talking to someone in some office about the ticket. Apparently, the night Anna, Clay, and Tammi went to see Ded Prez I had parked the car at a meter and I didn't properly fill it.
Here's the kicker: these meters in London are not filled with coins. They are filled with various substances corresponding to whatever business they are in front of. I had parked in front of a pub - but there were like 4 or 5 pubs very close together and I had filled the meter WITH BEER FROM THE WRONG PUB!
I asked the woman in the office how much the ticket was for, and the woman in the office began to say 8.... and I thought "please say 8 pounds". Then she said 80..... (like in slow-mo)... and I thought "please say 80 pence!!!" ...and she finished saying 80 pounds! And I burst into tears!!! Cuz that's USD$160!!!!! And I spent the rest of the dream crying and crying and crying SO HARD at the injustice of it all! I actually woke up crying a little! * sniffle *

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home