Spinach a la.....
Last night, in anticipation of Tiago's arrival, I stopped by Ralph's on the way home to get some...uh....personal lubricant. But I also needed spinach for dinner. So I found myself waiting in the checkout line with personal lubricant and spinach, and I imagined that the checkout chick might be wondering what exactly I'm up to with these items. It made me giggle.
I've never been ashamed or embarassed of buying condoms in a supermarket (or anywhere else for that matter). Condoms are different. Buying condoms is a mark of a modern woman, right? A woman that is concerned with her health and in charge her pleasure. I can totally walk into Rite Aid, march over to the condoms-and-diapers shelf, take my time reading all the boxes, pick out the perfect ones, change my mind and pick up a different box, change my mind again and take the original box, and then stand in line in front of a little old lady that sorta reminds me of my overly judgemental fifth grade teacher, pay for my condoms and march right out. No problem.
Cuz when a girl buys condoms it says, "I am getting laid safely and deliberately." When a guy buys condoms, it's more like, "I'm buying these to put in my glove compartment just in case a hot girl in my car happens to knock it open." You keep waiting for that hot girl, big fella. I'm gonna go get laid. On purpose.
If I had bought condoms and spinach, then it would have looked like I was really there to get the condoms, but I needed to buy something else to make it look like I needed other things and just "casually" picked up the condoms, too. But lubricant and spinach.....that's giggle-worthy.
I've never been ashamed or embarassed of buying condoms in a supermarket (or anywhere else for that matter). Condoms are different. Buying condoms is a mark of a modern woman, right? A woman that is concerned with her health and in charge her pleasure. I can totally walk into Rite Aid, march over to the condoms-and-diapers shelf, take my time reading all the boxes, pick out the perfect ones, change my mind and pick up a different box, change my mind again and take the original box, and then stand in line in front of a little old lady that sorta reminds me of my overly judgemental fifth grade teacher, pay for my condoms and march right out. No problem.
Cuz when a girl buys condoms it says, "I am getting laid safely and deliberately." When a guy buys condoms, it's more like, "I'm buying these to put in my glove compartment just in case a hot girl in my car happens to knock it open." You keep waiting for that hot girl, big fella. I'm gonna go get laid. On purpose.
If I had bought condoms and spinach, then it would have looked like I was really there to get the condoms, but I needed to buy something else to make it look like I needed other things and just "casually" picked up the condoms, too. But lubricant and spinach.....that's giggle-worthy.

3 Comments:
were you planning on lubricating the spinach?
Yes. Yes I was.
-rs
Do you kiss your mother with that blog?
Post a Comment
<< Home