Monday, August 30, 2004

Stop suffocating me!!!!

In reference to Karri's blog, Eric's persistant IMs, and Nick and Tiago's subtle remarks: Fine. You people want to know what I do every day? Wanna know all my petty opinions and insignificant thoughts on irrelevant things? As Tiago sometimes says, "be careful what you wish for, my little witch"...

Today: I ate all the granola this morning. I felt bad because it seemed to be Anna's only sustinance at my house. Well I finished it. I ate it with a juicy ripe peach and some soy milk, and it was delicious. But I was selfish and inconsiderate of my friend, and for that, mille regretz.

For the time being, I have taken a deep and powerful dive back into my shallow mode. This is the mode where I spend lots and lots of money on indulgent and pretty things that I feel will enrich my life in some way. They don't. But in the heat of the moment, I am not one to understand that. I must have. In the last three weeks I have purchased:
-A fitted wool jacket in red currant
-wool trousers
-red courds
-brown round-toe heels with lovely pale flowers and ankle straps
-khakis with really nice flat pockets and a really cool cuff
-aerosole terrycloth slippers
-another pair of workout pants
-black mascara
-nude lip gloss
-pale pale pink shimmery nail polish

If it is possible to spend like a banshee, that is indeed what I am doing.

It's because of fall. I LOVE fall. I hate the entire month of August for delaying fall for me for 31 worthless days. I'd much rather elongate October and have my days then.

Fall is renewal. It's the start of the school year, for which I am biologically predispositioned to get a little anxious, it's the changing of temperatures, it's harvest up in Napa, and it's a new TV season here in LA. This calls for a change in self, and no change to self is easier than wardrobe change. It's something you don't have to work for. Instant shallow gratification.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Now, was that so hard?

2:37 AM  
Blogger Karri Bowman said...

HAHAHAHAH - that's exactly what I was going to write, Nick, you bastard.

And I must say you're "boring" ramblings are far more interesting and amusing and enlightening than you believe them to be, little miss.

if i were anna, i would have eaten all the granola in the house before you woke up so I could be sure to have sustinance. she'll probably remember to do so next time.

if others don't think of you, it's just permission to think only of yourself in my opinion.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Yeah, Rossanna couldn't be boring if she tried. Although it WOULD be funny to see her try.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home