my dad is crazy
He is simultaneously trying to convince me to buy a new car and take his car. I think he wants me to get a new car because he finally sees that new cars are more reliable. But it would be a hell of a lot cheaper for me to take over his car, and it would give him an excuse to get that Honda CRV he's been salivating over. And I want his car. If I buy a used car, it will be a 190E.
I think it should be fairly easy to find a good used 190E from like 1987-1989. This place is littered with little old ladies who bought the car 20 years ago and never drove it. I was up late last night looking at some listings on recycler.com, and there were actually ads that said "Senior citizen owned, garage-kept". That means low mileage, one owner, no accidents (hopefully), very little wear&tear. Perfect! That's my car!!
Really, I have no intention of buying a new car right now. For some reason, my dad is hung up on me getting a Toyota Celica. Um, hello?? Have we met?? If I was to get a new car, I'd probably get a hybrid. But those are still kinda pricey. And they have quirks. The bad kind.
Tonight I'm going to have a chat with my dad about how I cannot have both a new car and a used car, for I have only one ass to put in the driver's seat...
I think it should be fairly easy to find a good used 190E from like 1987-1989. This place is littered with little old ladies who bought the car 20 years ago and never drove it. I was up late last night looking at some listings on recycler.com, and there were actually ads that said "Senior citizen owned, garage-kept". That means low mileage, one owner, no accidents (hopefully), very little wear&tear. Perfect! That's my car!!
Really, I have no intention of buying a new car right now. For some reason, my dad is hung up on me getting a Toyota Celica. Um, hello?? Have we met?? If I was to get a new car, I'd probably get a hybrid. But those are still kinda pricey. And they have quirks. The bad kind.
Tonight I'm going to have a chat with my dad about how I cannot have both a new car and a used car, for I have only one ass to put in the driver's seat...

1 Comments:
Yes, the two cars can coexist. The new car is for normal everyday driving; the used car is for driving when you're pissed or expect to become pissed. (I mean annoyed, not drunk; but I suppose it could work either way.) So when someone does something annoying to you, like cuts you off or steals your parking space, you ram into their car with your expendable used car, run away, and feel giddy for days.
Post a Comment
<< Home