Cars And Tomatoes.
It's all I really care about these days.
I am thrilled to death with the tomatoes. Paula and I cannot go 20 minutes without talking about them. I've begun calling them "the kids", as in "Hey Paula - did you water the kids?" or "I'm gonna get home really late tonight. Could you water the kids?".
We ogle.
Every day there's a new little cherry or grape or yellow pear ripening on the vine. The bigger tomates aren't turning colors yet but are equally as fascinating to watch. We look at the tomatoes, and we see...the salads of the future....(cue sweeping strings).
Paula talks to the tomatoes in a high-pitched baby-voice. "Hi little tomatoes! You like that sunshine, don't you? I'm gonna water you now!"
Tiago, on the other hand, talks to the squash. "Hi little squashies! I'm gonna eat you...." (he gets straight the point).
My infatuation with cars can be summed up in the following:
My car (starting): grrrrrr-r-r-r-r-r-ok i'm awake!....or maybe I'll snooze a minute...oh no I'm awake I promise!! Let's go!
Dad's car (starting): shhhhhooooooommmmmmmmmmmm........oooohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....bet you didn't realize you're already driving. That's cuz I'm a bad-ass. Oh yeah. And I'm just as old as the Volvo. Eat my shorts.
-rs
It's all I really care about these days.
I am thrilled to death with the tomatoes. Paula and I cannot go 20 minutes without talking about them. I've begun calling them "the kids", as in "Hey Paula - did you water the kids?" or "I'm gonna get home really late tonight. Could you water the kids?".
We ogle.
Every day there's a new little cherry or grape or yellow pear ripening on the vine. The bigger tomates aren't turning colors yet but are equally as fascinating to watch. We look at the tomatoes, and we see...the salads of the future....(cue sweeping strings).
Paula talks to the tomatoes in a high-pitched baby-voice. "Hi little tomatoes! You like that sunshine, don't you? I'm gonna water you now!"
Tiago, on the other hand, talks to the squash. "Hi little squashies! I'm gonna eat you...." (he gets straight the point).
My infatuation with cars can be summed up in the following:
My car (starting): grrrrrr-r-r-r-r-r-ok i'm awake!....or maybe I'll snooze a minute...oh no I'm awake I promise!! Let's go!
Dad's car (starting): shhhhhooooooommmmmmmmmmmm........oooohhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....bet you didn't realize you're already driving. That's cuz I'm a bad-ass. Oh yeah. And I'm just as old as the Volvo. Eat my shorts.
-rs

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home