My Volvo (A Saga)
My poor Volvo.
Yesterday my break lights went out. I learned this when I was almost rear-ended at a stop light. The guy pulled up next to me when traffic started moving again, and I thought he was gonna bitch me out for stopping on a yellow light (it was one of those intersections with a camera) but instead he told me my break lights aren't working. Greeeeeeat, I thought. And nary a spot to pull over between West Hollywood and UCLA, where I was headed.
I got to UCLA and pulled over on campus. I popped my trunk and checked out all the light bulbs on both of the rear panels. None of them were burned out and they all looked fine. After futzing around with the lights for another 20 minutes before my class, one of the bulbs fell out of its socket and got stuck inside the panel. I thought I could get it out with some MacGuyver set-up using chopsticks and bubble gum, but didn't have the time or the chopsticks or the bubble gum.
So I drove home nervously using hand signals. It was a long-ass drive.
This morning I was clever. Every time I wanted to break I switched on the parking lights. Cumbersome and awkward, but clever.
Other things wrong with my car:
Engine seals need re-sealing
dome light non-operational
paint job shitty
wheels are misaligned
glove compartment has fallen off. twice.
muffler does not muffle
did I miss anything? ah yes - break failure.
So. Anyone wanna buy a Volvo?
Yesterday my break lights went out. I learned this when I was almost rear-ended at a stop light. The guy pulled up next to me when traffic started moving again, and I thought he was gonna bitch me out for stopping on a yellow light (it was one of those intersections with a camera) but instead he told me my break lights aren't working. Greeeeeeat, I thought. And nary a spot to pull over between West Hollywood and UCLA, where I was headed.
I got to UCLA and pulled over on campus. I popped my trunk and checked out all the light bulbs on both of the rear panels. None of them were burned out and they all looked fine. After futzing around with the lights for another 20 minutes before my class, one of the bulbs fell out of its socket and got stuck inside the panel. I thought I could get it out with some MacGuyver set-up using chopsticks and bubble gum, but didn't have the time or the chopsticks or the bubble gum.
So I drove home nervously using hand signals. It was a long-ass drive.
This morning I was clever. Every time I wanted to break I switched on the parking lights. Cumbersome and awkward, but clever.
Other things wrong with my car:
Engine seals need re-sealing
dome light non-operational
paint job shitty
wheels are misaligned
glove compartment has fallen off. twice.
muffler does not muffle
did I miss anything? ah yes - break failure.
So. Anyone wanna buy a Volvo?

1 Comments:
hmmm...doesn't sound like your volvo is worth very much to a real buyer...
Post a Comment
<< Home