Fuck you, world! (via Aveda)
As you may have guessed by my recent posts or by being so unfortunate as have to talk to me in the last few weeks, I've been feeling a little squashed by the world. Yesterday, I got revenge. The smallest most insignificant revenge. It was the best revenge ever.
I've been wanting the Aveda Hand Relief lotion for about a year and a half. It's amazing stuff. It smells like citrus, cloves and herbal tea, it's incredibly moisturizing, and you can wash your hands 7 times before it comes off. But it costs $18. And even though that's not really a lot of cash, I always felt that I have too many moisturizers at home and that spending $18 on yet another lotion would truly be a waste. So I've always stopped myself.
The other day I was holding a silk scarf and my hands were so dry and chapped that the scarf actually snagged. On my skin. And I had a tiny insignificant melt-down. These lotions that I have at home, these twenty or so little bottles of free samples, gifts from other people's award shows, hand-me-downs and assorted others - they're not working for me. These were all other people's solutions to my problems. And they're causing so much clutter in my house. When did I completely lose control over my life? How come I let other people push me around and solve my problems and fill my house with the garbage that they don't want?
So I said, "Fuck you, world!" and marched down Larchmont to buy that lotion. I felt so much better. My hands were healed instantly.
I've been wanting the Aveda Hand Relief lotion for about a year and a half. It's amazing stuff. It smells like citrus, cloves and herbal tea, it's incredibly moisturizing, and you can wash your hands 7 times before it comes off. But it costs $18. And even though that's not really a lot of cash, I always felt that I have too many moisturizers at home and that spending $18 on yet another lotion would truly be a waste. So I've always stopped myself.
The other day I was holding a silk scarf and my hands were so dry and chapped that the scarf actually snagged. On my skin. And I had a tiny insignificant melt-down. These lotions that I have at home, these twenty or so little bottles of free samples, gifts from other people's award shows, hand-me-downs and assorted others - they're not working for me. These were all other people's solutions to my problems. And they're causing so much clutter in my house. When did I completely lose control over my life? How come I let other people push me around and solve my problems and fill my house with the garbage that they don't want?
So I said, "Fuck you, world!" and marched down Larchmont to buy that lotion. I felt so much better. My hands were healed instantly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home