Friday, November 19, 2004

You're A Horrible Person

That's what I think every time I read the blog of my nemesis. I'm so sick of people trying to be Carrie Bradshaw. If I read another "adventures of a single girl in this big crazy city" blog, I will vomit all over said single girl's hideous gaudy shoes which she bought because she thought they would surely attract a wealthy male suitor. Carrie Bradshaw is FICTICIOUS, people! She does NOT exist and YOU CAN'T BE HER. Why even strive to be her? She's pushing 40, can't hold down a man, and as far as I can tell, has no grasp on reality. Who wears a chiffon mini-dress with stillettos in the middle of winter in New York?? It's fucking cold!

That being said, I'm also sick of people idolizing a certain north-eastern metropolis. I'm talking about you, New York. Take your fucking "fashionistas" and your neurotic Wall Street and your crusty insipid Broadway and shove 'em up yer big fat apple! I don't want to hear any more "Only in New York!" or "Greatest City In The World!"....um, hello??? Have you been, like, anywhere else??

You know what I think it is with the Greatest City In The World campaign? Notice how everyone is saying that phrase these days using those exact words? Remember how people used to say things like, oh...."Proletariats of the World Unite"? Propaganda, people!!! They're pulling the wool over your eyes. Wake the fuck up! It's just a ploy to get us into happy dopey submission. Next they'll have us all wearing I Heart New York shirts and taking cabs and walking small dogs in Central Park.


4 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Your nemesis' blog isn't even so bad it's funny. It's just so bad, period.

And New York can suck it. What city's team won the World Series this year? And where did the NON-EVIL political party see fit to hold their convention? I rest my case.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Karri Bowman said...

i don't trust any place where you can't see the sky clearly except in one park located in the middle of a bunch of skyscrapers.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Am I allowed to comment on your nemesis' blog? Because I really want to make the white gloves remark to her.

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! I hate Sex and the City more then a paper cut to the eyeball.
Let me guess - the next episode is about how the four girls have lunch with the topic of conversation being "men suck and we are too f'ing cool".
Scene 2 - girls go have a night out at a place with $15 martinis (pretty expensive considering I never see these broads work).
Scene 3 - slutty one sleeps with a random guy while red head dreams about woman.
Scene 4 main character goes home and types some boring shit on a computer about how men are apes and women love shoes...

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home