Breaker-Flip
We had a little power outage in the office when it occured to me that everything seemed to re-set this morning. Tiago is home, Willis is fixed, I'm back to work on a normal schedule, and my dad just finished the mourning cycle for my grandfather. Things just fell back in place, and it's quite a relief.
I just came back from skiing with Sheryl & Co. at Big Bear. We had a blast. Really cool people, good food and fresh snow. It was a great break. Except for the part where people kept smacking into me on the slopes and I got soaked to the core from repeatedly falling in the snow. That part kinda sucked. But the rest was great fun.
Right now I'm seriously considering taking some time off to chill and re-focus. I'm thinking about taking 6-8 weeks to finish writing my book, study for the GMAT, and get healthy via yoga and cooking a lot. Many of my friends are currently on a break and it seems to be working. They're so happy and relaxed. I want that.
Tiago and Ian are concerned about me jumping back into the workforce after this break. Somehow I don't see it as a serious threat. I might be saying something different in a few months, but I feel like I have a lot of options. Too many options, in fact. As soon as I zero in on exactly what it is that I want to spend my life doing, I'm pretty confident that I know enough people to help me get there. Sounds naiive, right? I'm aware.
I just came back from skiing with Sheryl & Co. at Big Bear. We had a blast. Really cool people, good food and fresh snow. It was a great break. Except for the part where people kept smacking into me on the slopes and I got soaked to the core from repeatedly falling in the snow. That part kinda sucked. But the rest was great fun.
Right now I'm seriously considering taking some time off to chill and re-focus. I'm thinking about taking 6-8 weeks to finish writing my book, study for the GMAT, and get healthy via yoga and cooking a lot. Many of my friends are currently on a break and it seems to be working. They're so happy and relaxed. I want that.
Tiago and Ian are concerned about me jumping back into the workforce after this break. Somehow I don't see it as a serious threat. I might be saying something different in a few months, but I feel like I have a lot of options. Too many options, in fact. As soon as I zero in on exactly what it is that I want to spend my life doing, I'm pretty confident that I know enough people to help me get there. Sounds naiive, right? I'm aware.

2 Comments:
Don't worry. It's totally easy to jump back into the workplace. Except when they ask you weird questions like "Can you hand me that stapler?" and you're like "What are you talking about? I'm not a Scandinavian terrorist! Get away from that celery!" But that doesn't happen very often. Mostly you're just glad to be back at work and everything falls back into place pretty easily.
go to it!
or in other words, "which way, America?"
- your favourite non-commenter
Post a Comment
<< Home