This week and lunch aka Myasorubka's Food Guide to Larchmont Village
Sooooo busy every night this week:
Monday - SuperDevoiche rehearsal
Tuesday - training with Nick the Greek @ Bally's
Wednesday - UCLA Networking thingy
Thursday - training with Nick the Greek @ Bally's and rushing home to watch The Apprentice
Friday - Aqualung @ the Hotel Cafe
So far nothing scheduled for the weekend. But it's only Monday....
Ok. I know I'm about to sound like a brat, but I'm getting really bored with my lunches. I know, I know....I work on Larchmont Blvd., one of the tastiest streets in LA. But I've gone through and binged on every reasonable lunchspot in the area. Just to prove it, here's a list of what I like and where:
Koo Koo Roo: Don't laugh. I get the kid's meal. It has chicken strips and it comes with a side (tomato salad) a small drink and a fruit roll-up. And it costs like 4 bux! By the way. The BEST thing about Koo Koo Roo is not anything on the menu. It's their water. Next to the soda fountain, there's a pitcher of water with cucumbers and lemons. Umm, hello? That's spa water! What is spa water doing in a fast-food fried chicken joint?? You'd pay $14.95 for this water at Burke's.
Larchmont Deli (aka the Greek Place): 1/2 Greek Salad or 1/2 turkey sandwich. At one point I was bingeing on the 1/2 gyro but the thought of the amount of onions and garlick in this thing is just overwhelming to me now. This is also the only place on the street to get a V8.
Larchmont Wine, Cheese, and Spirits: Black Forest Ham sandwich on baguette or the secret Tuna Salad sandwich which isn't on the menu. If I'm feeling particularly sassy sometimes I'll get the fresh mozzarella and basil sandwich. Malibu Tea - mint flavor.
Avocado Grill: Love the Village Burrito with steak or chicken, the Roasted Vegetable burrito is lovely, and the Avocado Grill Salad makes me turn cartwheels. To drink: Perrier with lime.
Leonida's: Sad that I can base a lunch on (free) chocolate samples. But I won't deny that this has happened, potentially more than once. My favorite truffle is by far the Poesie - dark chocolate with a Grand Marnier- infused ganache inside. I am also a big fan of the hazelnut creme Marron truffle, as well as the Irish Cream pearl. I'm looking forward to their upcoming herbal-infused line of chocolates.
Coffee Bean/Tea Leaf: I'm really into their Winter Dream latte. But when that's over, I'll be into their iced genmaicha green tea....sooooo satisfying.
Le Petit Greek:
Everything here is good because all the lunch entrees come with lemon potatoes and they are fantastic!!!
California Roll & Sushi Factory: When we order in at the office, the Hungry Roll is king. It's a deep-fried spicy tuna roll with tasty sweet sauce drizzled over it. When I'm on my own, I like to get the Tokyo bento box. Love their salad, their miso, and their green tea.
Larchmont Village Pizzeria: Awesome Pesto pizza and a Coke, cuz, like, what else are you supposed to have with pizza? Their salad is not so hot but sometimes I just default when I'm desperate for vegetables. But the garlick content of the dressing knocked me out last time.
-ok we've reached the end of the street. At this point, it's time to cross the street and hope to not get hit by little old ladies in Cadillacs, get cash at the Bank of America ATM, and head back up the other way.
Roma Cafe: They have a B. Keep walking.
Jamba Juice: Depends on what's in season, but I usually like to get the Protein Berry Pizzaz. I'm also a fan of carrot-orange juice and their wheat grass shots. What?? I like how they taste!
Starbucks: Totally enamored with the Chantico right now.
Louise's Trattoria: Sonoma Goat Cheese Salad is the way to go. I try not to get hooked on pasta dishes so I don't go here very often.
Prado: We only go here on super-special ocassions at the office. I love the salmon.
Kiku Sushi: They have a B and they're a sushi place. Keep walking.
Noah's Bagels: Ah, Noah's. I love the everything bagels with either smoked salmon, the smoked salmon cream cheese, or the egg mit bagel with provolone cheese and chives. Either of these are great with orange juice and the most amazing hazelnut coffee on the planet. mmmmmm........If there was ever a good reason to wake up in the morning, it's this tasty triumvirate.
Chan Dara: I don't know why everyone raves about this place. It's not special. When I have to go there, I get either the Pad Thai, the Rad Na, or one of the lunch specials with veggies and steamed rice. Skip the Thai iced tea. It's all cream and sugar and ice, and very little tea. And it's like 3 bux. Boo.
That's it! Well, I've completely lost track of my original goal.....why on earth did I make this list....?
Monday - SuperDevoiche rehearsal
Tuesday - training with Nick the Greek @ Bally's
Wednesday - UCLA Networking thingy
Thursday - training with Nick the Greek @ Bally's and rushing home to watch The Apprentice
Friday - Aqualung @ the Hotel Cafe
So far nothing scheduled for the weekend. But it's only Monday....
Ok. I know I'm about to sound like a brat, but I'm getting really bored with my lunches. I know, I know....I work on Larchmont Blvd., one of the tastiest streets in LA. But I've gone through and binged on every reasonable lunchspot in the area. Just to prove it, here's a list of what I like and where:
Koo Koo Roo: Don't laugh. I get the kid's meal. It has chicken strips and it comes with a side (tomato salad) a small drink and a fruit roll-up. And it costs like 4 bux! By the way. The BEST thing about Koo Koo Roo is not anything on the menu. It's their water. Next to the soda fountain, there's a pitcher of water with cucumbers and lemons. Umm, hello? That's spa water! What is spa water doing in a fast-food fried chicken joint?? You'd pay $14.95 for this water at Burke's.
Larchmont Deli (aka the Greek Place): 1/2 Greek Salad or 1/2 turkey sandwich. At one point I was bingeing on the 1/2 gyro but the thought of the amount of onions and garlick in this thing is just overwhelming to me now. This is also the only place on the street to get a V8.
Larchmont Wine, Cheese, and Spirits: Black Forest Ham sandwich on baguette or the secret Tuna Salad sandwich which isn't on the menu. If I'm feeling particularly sassy sometimes I'll get the fresh mozzarella and basil sandwich. Malibu Tea - mint flavor.
Avocado Grill: Love the Village Burrito with steak or chicken, the Roasted Vegetable burrito is lovely, and the Avocado Grill Salad makes me turn cartwheels. To drink: Perrier with lime.
Leonida's: Sad that I can base a lunch on (free) chocolate samples. But I won't deny that this has happened, potentially more than once. My favorite truffle is by far the Poesie - dark chocolate with a Grand Marnier- infused ganache inside. I am also a big fan of the hazelnut creme Marron truffle, as well as the Irish Cream pearl. I'm looking forward to their upcoming herbal-infused line of chocolates.
Coffee Bean/Tea Leaf: I'm really into their Winter Dream latte. But when that's over, I'll be into their iced genmaicha green tea....sooooo satisfying.
Le Petit Greek:
Everything here is good because all the lunch entrees come with lemon potatoes and they are fantastic!!!
California Roll & Sushi Factory: When we order in at the office, the Hungry Roll is king. It's a deep-fried spicy tuna roll with tasty sweet sauce drizzled over it. When I'm on my own, I like to get the Tokyo bento box. Love their salad, their miso, and their green tea.
Larchmont Village Pizzeria: Awesome Pesto pizza and a Coke, cuz, like, what else are you supposed to have with pizza? Their salad is not so hot but sometimes I just default when I'm desperate for vegetables. But the garlick content of the dressing knocked me out last time.
-ok we've reached the end of the street. At this point, it's time to cross the street and hope to not get hit by little old ladies in Cadillacs, get cash at the Bank of America ATM, and head back up the other way.
Roma Cafe: They have a B. Keep walking.
Jamba Juice: Depends on what's in season, but I usually like to get the Protein Berry Pizzaz. I'm also a fan of carrot-orange juice and their wheat grass shots. What?? I like how they taste!
Starbucks: Totally enamored with the Chantico right now.
Louise's Trattoria: Sonoma Goat Cheese Salad is the way to go. I try not to get hooked on pasta dishes so I don't go here very often.
Prado: We only go here on super-special ocassions at the office. I love the salmon.
Kiku Sushi: They have a B and they're a sushi place. Keep walking.
Noah's Bagels: Ah, Noah's. I love the everything bagels with either smoked salmon, the smoked salmon cream cheese, or the egg mit bagel with provolone cheese and chives. Either of these are great with orange juice and the most amazing hazelnut coffee on the planet. mmmmmm........If there was ever a good reason to wake up in the morning, it's this tasty triumvirate.
Chan Dara: I don't know why everyone raves about this place. It's not special. When I have to go there, I get either the Pad Thai, the Rad Na, or one of the lunch specials with veggies and steamed rice. Skip the Thai iced tea. It's all cream and sugar and ice, and very little tea. And it's like 3 bux. Boo.
That's it! Well, I've completely lost track of my original goal.....why on earth did I make this list....?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home