Thursday, June 09, 2005

The only possible dessert for a Qua-Duc-Ant

I'm going to this qua-duc-ant party. It's a quayle stuffed with duck stuffed with pheasant. I have to bring a dessert, and I was thinking about continuing the stuffing theme by doing a cake stuffed with pie stuffed with cookie. Here's my vision:

Inner layer: Cookie. Something dry like a layer of mushed up oreos or Russian tea cookies (which are mostly ground walnuts)

Middle layer: So the cookie layer is actually a layer inside of a pie filling. Picture an empty cherry pie. Now put in the filling, and stop halfway. At the mid-point, add a thin layer of cookie, then continue filling it with cherry goo. Are you with me so far? Ok, cuz now we have to close the pie with a top layer of crust.

Outer layer: Here's the crazy part. Take the pie. Put it in a cake pan. Pour cake batter all over. Bake.

So that's my idea. Anyone have suggestions?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU are actually following a theme??

2:48 PM  
Blogger Eti said...

My only suggestion is to bring the insulin. I wonder if you can get that in bulk at Costco?

3:42 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Sounds like you're just going to be bringing the cookie part, unless this "baby" fixes the kitchen light.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, what kind of cake, and what kind of pie filling? I mean, if you did peanut butter cookies, peach cobbler and 7up cake, that would be kinda gross, wouldn't it? (Hey, theres three things that shouldnt go together!)
Also, chocolate chip, apple pie and carrot cake.. bad combo. Maybe you should specify...(3 more!woohoo i'm on a roll!)

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home