Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Spa day a la Mean Beach

Yesterday, after a short but brutal hike up a baked clay trail, we arrived at Praia Brava - the "Angry" Beach - only to get rained on. It was awesome. Floating on ocean waves while seeing them get pelted with fresh rainwater was one of the most surreal textures I´ve ever experienced. During a pause in the rainshower, we noticed that the giant hot rocks on the beach were steaming. We took a break from swimming to go warm up on the rocks and stare at the sky. A second, cooler rain came and we jumped back into the ocean again.

The way back was muddy and slippery. I had about 2 inches of mud caked onto the bottom of my Havaiana before I decided to go the rest of the trail barefoot. A small freshwater pool right by the car was a welcomed surprise.

P summed it up the best - "Some people pay hundreds of dollars for this. Today we got a hot rock treatment, mud pack, and real ocean sounds, and we didn´t pay a cent!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home