This morning we finally got to sleep in. I think I slept like 10 hours. All this road tripping has been exhausting. But worthwhile.
The sky was overcast when we were finally ready for the day, so we decided to book it to the beach to see if we could beat the rain. We went to a beach that had a lake on one side, and the ocean on the other. Best of both worlds. The ocean was calm, and the lake was hot like bathwater. We rented kayaks and rowed up the lake, through a swampy marsh. There were pretty white flowers growing just below the surface of the water, and tall reeds and tangled trees all around.
After the ride, we jumped into the ocean for a bit, then lounged on the beach until we felt the first rain drops. Ran back to the car, paid the flanelinha, and went for some acai. I felt a little strange walking around town with only a beach cover-up and no pants, and I realized that the whole no-pants thing is the subject of many a recurring dream for people (At least, people in sit-coms).
The acai was great. Tita got acai juice blended with passionfruit, which was extra-tasty. The rest of the afternoon was lazily spent napping/showering/walking around downtown looking for last minute gifts. Dinner was followed by hanukkah candles, and now I think we´re going someplace to play some pool.
Laters!
The sky was overcast when we were finally ready for the day, so we decided to book it to the beach to see if we could beat the rain. We went to a beach that had a lake on one side, and the ocean on the other. Best of both worlds. The ocean was calm, and the lake was hot like bathwater. We rented kayaks and rowed up the lake, through a swampy marsh. There were pretty white flowers growing just below the surface of the water, and tall reeds and tangled trees all around.
After the ride, we jumped into the ocean for a bit, then lounged on the beach until we felt the first rain drops. Ran back to the car, paid the flanelinha, and went for some acai. I felt a little strange walking around town with only a beach cover-up and no pants, and I realized that the whole no-pants thing is the subject of many a recurring dream for people (At least, people in sit-coms).
The acai was great. Tita got acai juice blended with passionfruit, which was extra-tasty. The rest of the afternoon was lazily spent napping/showering/walking around downtown looking for last minute gifts. Dinner was followed by hanukkah candles, and now I think we´re going someplace to play some pool.
Laters!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home