Things I Do While The Cat's Away...
When Tiago is sent off on long horrible business trips, I often find myself lonely, bored, suicidal, etc. But I've found a few things to keep me distracted. The latest is broccoli. Tiago hates broccoli and forbids its entrance into our domicile. But when he's not around, there isn't much he can do. Now it's just me & broccoli, baby!!!
For a few weeks now I've been fighting off a pretty severe craving for Paula's broccoli with penne and pine nuts and garlick and olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly grated parmesano reggiano and cracked black pepper. Last night, my wild secret desire came into fruition - naughty green florets were sauteed in hot voluptuous garlicky olive oil and then tossed with steamy pasta IN THE SAME PAN!!! And then the pine nuts.....oh the pine nuts.......gently toasted just until they start sweating and glistening and jumping in the pan with unruly excitement!!! OH PASTA!! OH BROCCOLI!! It's too good to be true!!!!
Oh yeah, and another thing I do while Tiago is out of town? Not have sex.
For a few weeks now I've been fighting off a pretty severe craving for Paula's broccoli with penne and pine nuts and garlick and olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly grated parmesano reggiano and cracked black pepper. Last night, my wild secret desire came into fruition - naughty green florets were sauteed in hot voluptuous garlicky olive oil and then tossed with steamy pasta IN THE SAME PAN!!! And then the pine nuts.....oh the pine nuts.......gently toasted just until they start sweating and glistening and jumping in the pan with unruly excitement!!! OH PASTA!! OH BROCCOLI!! It's too good to be true!!!!
Oh yeah, and another thing I do while Tiago is out of town? Not have sex.

4 Comments:
You need some other hobbies, like falling in love with British ex-pat KCRW hosts, or obsessing over your Netflix queue.
Boring, boring, boring. Broccoli is the vegetable version of the British Parliament. It's only as good as what you put on it. The only contribution Broccoli has to give to food is texture - and even that's boring. Naughty little green florets?? Please.
And your pine nuts, they weren't jumping with excitement... If I was stuck in a pan with Broccoli, I would be trying to escape too!
A comment from... well, he chooses to remain anonymous, so I'll just say his name rhymes with "Free Blog Show"?
I guess I'm ice skating home, because hell just froze over.
I wish I had your zest for food.
Post a Comment
<< Home