Friday, March 04, 2005

Dream A Little Bulldozer

More construction on the 2 Freeway last night. Lots more. And here's the dream I had that was inspired by the construction:

I can't remember the first half of the dream but it had something to do with being at a party with lots of people. It started getting really overcrowded and I left, sort of panicked. By the time I got to my house there was a full-on riot going on outside. I busted through my front door and tried to lock it but someone outside was pushing the lock the other way. I finally managed to lock the door and people were banging on it trying to escape the riot outside. But I wouldn't let them. Because I'm a horrible person.

The funny thing is, this riot scenario actually happened in college. I was at what started out as a small party across the street from my apartment, and it was the weekend of the big USC/UCLA game and the more random people showed up the more they attracted other random people. This party got HUGE and spilled out into the street. Tons of people!!! So many people were packing the street and sidewalk it was hard to just cross the street and get home. When I finally got to my apartment, I went out onto the balcony just to watch the street scene. People were going crazy - jumping on cars, burning books, acting like animals. Suddenly there were spotlights. I looked up and saw police helicopters, and then police on the ground in full riot gear went in to break up the crowd. Good times!

Anyway. Back to the dream. So there's this riot. I'm at home, watching the street either from a balcony or through a window. The riot dies down, and then there's this loud mechanical noise. It's a bulldozer, but instead of a big scoopy-shovel thing it has a big-ass clamp. This bulldozer drives up the street, reaches into a house, clamps onto something, and pulls out a mail truck!!!! A brand new mail truck! It was still wrapped in plastic! Fresh from the mail truck store!!! Apparently the people in the house stole it as a prank. But as soon as the bulldozer took it away, all was calm again. The peace was restored.

That's the end of the dream. I woke up wondering where I could get a freshly baked mail truck....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny cause yesterday I was watching this machine wrap a 20 foot tall pallet (the size of a small mail truck) in shrink wrap plastic. And then the fork lift would come and take it away.

So your mail truck really exists. And it is carried around by a huge clamp. Except that this mail truck was a huge pile of Gatorade bottles...

9:30 AM  
Blogger Myasorubka said...

I Heart Anonymous!!!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home