Thursday, December 08, 2005

Vows Renewed

Willis and I inadvertently renewed our vows today as I had to pay an untimely $500 for new struts, brake pads, and steering shock. And then another $30 for the finest quality gasoline. On top of that, I was told to replace my tires and get a wheel alignment, which will cost me another $325 or so.

Although I've been entertaining recent fantasies of getting a car with less emotional baggage, I think today's trip to the mechanic confirmed that I'll be stuck with my aging friend for a while longer.

6 Comments:

Blogger Eti said...

I heard the second honeymoon can be pretty nice. Maybe you and Willis can go for a drive up a hill in Silver Lake to celebrate.

5:17 PM  
Blogger Chloe said...

Oh okay, the vehicle. I thought Tiago had changed his name!

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just dump a friend that drove you all the way from one end of Ventura to the other.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you are in to calculus, a little riddle about Willis is appropriate.

I know a woman who named her cars Melody and Mystic. Both start with an 'M' while you use a 'W'.

Are you two the inverse of each other?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Skerlie Bee said...

Superwoman MBA Says: No, they are not the inverse of each other because her other car's name was Hermia. Now, had it been named Wimbledon or Warburton, then you'd definitely be onto something!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to whine....*but* are you ever going to post again? Some of us are waiting to hear...

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home