Celebrity Cheese
Saturday night I got home and got to work. An hour later, it was about 2am and I realized that I had consumed too much cheese.
I had been at Emily's place - wait should I be all fake-discreet and use first initial only? Ok. Start over.
I had been at E's place for her birthday, and this woman had, like, the celebrity lineup of cheeses. Humboldt Fog, Drunken Goat, ridiculous triple-creme brie, this CRAZY semi-soft cheese with MUSTARD SEEDS in it. MUSTARD SEEDS, PEOPLE!!
Oh man. It was fantastic. I guess I never buy Humboldt Fog because everyone raves about it, and you know how I have that thing for not being interested in what everyone's raving about. But I gotta say, I was definitely wrong here. The stuff is amazing. And I've had it before...it just never really made an impact until E's birthday.
E and I traded food gifts-- which reminds me - here's an update on my birthday gift list.
Since my birthday I have gotten:
-an autographed copy of "Children Playing at the Statue of Hercules", edited by David Sedaris
-a new knitted iPod cozy to match my Coach Wave Gallery Tote
-a basket filled with white truffle oil, fig balsamic vinegar, homemade vanilla sugar in a lovely purple glass jar, Brunette hazelnut butter (SLOBBER SLOBBER), and a big bouquet of my favorite fresh herbs.
I still haven't had time to go get myself my birthday present. It was supposed to be a new perfume and a non-scandalous bikini for my upcoming trip. Oh well...
I had been at Emily's place - wait should I be all fake-discreet and use first initial only? Ok. Start over.
I had been at E's place for her birthday, and this woman had, like, the celebrity lineup of cheeses. Humboldt Fog, Drunken Goat, ridiculous triple-creme brie, this CRAZY semi-soft cheese with MUSTARD SEEDS in it. MUSTARD SEEDS, PEOPLE!!
Oh man. It was fantastic. I guess I never buy Humboldt Fog because everyone raves about it, and you know how I have that thing for not being interested in what everyone's raving about. But I gotta say, I was definitely wrong here. The stuff is amazing. And I've had it before...it just never really made an impact until E's birthday.
E and I traded food gifts-- which reminds me - here's an update on my birthday gift list.
Since my birthday I have gotten:
-an autographed copy of "Children Playing at the Statue of Hercules", edited by David Sedaris
-a new knitted iPod cozy to match my Coach Wave Gallery Tote
-a basket filled with white truffle oil, fig balsamic vinegar, homemade vanilla sugar in a lovely purple glass jar, Brunette hazelnut butter (SLOBBER SLOBBER), and a big bouquet of my favorite fresh herbs.
I still haven't had time to go get myself my birthday present. It was supposed to be a new perfume and a non-scandalous bikini for my upcoming trip. Oh well...

9 Comments:
Non-scandalous? Dude, you're going to Greece. Anything with a top would be downright prudish.
Dude, even I went topless in Greece. Best. Vacation. Ever!
Just get the perfume. It will double up as a bikini in Greece, no problem.
I'm gonna have to agree with Nick & Eti on this one.
Topless is the only way to go. Show'em off -- nothing worse than tan lines anyway.
---s
(PS. if i can do it, you can too!)
"Knitted ipod cover to match my coach wave gallery tote"....
Define "match"....I saw your knitted ipod cover. It does not, I repeat, DOES NOT match your lovely coach wave gallery tote. Unless you mean that one has lots of colors, and so does the other!That is truly the extent of their matching. (To be sure, both are lovely. They simply do not match)
Oh no you DI'N'T! Oh man, the fashion smackdown is on.
Did you see the new one? The one that matches, like, everything I own? Yuh. That's right MATCHES. Like for starting fires. Cuz it's hott.
Is someone colorblind here?
Oooooooooh. Them be fighting words!
Post a Comment
<< Home